City of Gustavus E-Mail
How to use the city's electronic mail system
Official city e-mail is recorded and open to the public with the exception of certain sensitive communications subject to the rules of executive session. According to city policy, all official city communication shall be addressed or copied to a city e-mail address so it is added to the public record.
To Send Messages
If you have official city communication to send, either
- Click on the recipient's name in the table below and fill out the contact form; or
- Click on the address to compose a new message in your e-mail program. Note: To prevent bulk commercial e-mail, only certain recognized senders are permitted to send messages to these addresses. If you are not listed in the city's e-mail directory you will need to use the first method.
- Optional: If you are an allowed sender you may add the addresses to your e-mail program's address book for easy future use.
- Important note: All correspondence sent to the city becomes a public record unless it is subject to specific privacy restrictions (i.e. tax returns. Messages sent to the addresses below are automatically published for public viewing on the web so keep this in mind when writing.
|Recipient||Address||For City Staff (address as it appears in Microsoft Outlook)|
|Strategic Planning Committee||Planners@gustavus-ak.gov||CityPlanners|
|Marine Facilities Committee||Marine@gustavus-ak.gov||CityMarine|
|Disposal and Recycling Committee||DRC@gustavus-ak.gov||CityDRC|
|Gustavus Community Network||GCN@gustavus-ak.gov||CityGCN|
|Fire Department Committee||GVFD@gustavus-ak.gov||CityGVFD|
|Parks and Recreation Committee||Parks@gustavus-ak.gov||CityParks|
To View the Record
- View city communication!
- To send messages to the city, see the table of recipients and addresses above.
- Instructions for city staff to use e-mail