Gustavus Strategic Plan
Protecting and Planning our Future
The Gustavus Strategic Plan is an action plan that guides the overall direction and priorities of the City of Gustavus. It was developed with extensive public input by the Strategic Planning Committee and approved by the City Council at a public meeting.
Gustavus Vision Statement
We envision a distinctive community…
A…. that prospers while and by protecting its natural resources.
B. … with a sustainable economy and infrastructure that assures public health and safety and promotes personal development and initiative.
C. … where all members take social responsibility and actively participate in decisions affecting growth, development, regulation and enforcement.
D. … in which people can retain a closeness with, and caring for, each other individually and collectively, and work together to accomplish community goals while preserving community traditions.
Read the Plan
Download the complete plan [5.0 MB .pdf*] or just the individual sections:
- Part 1: Community Description [2.5 MB .pdf*]. This is a fairly detailed description of Gustavus facilities, services, demographics, and economics.
- Part 2: Body of the Plan [0.9 MB .pdf*]. This is where the values, vision, goals, and projects are listed. This is the "meat" of the plan and includes the list of prioritized projects.
- Part 3: Appendices. These are the three surveys that were conducted to develop the community description, the values and vision, and the prioritized project list.
Also available for your convenience:
- Just the 5-page project list [0.02 MB .pdf*] that forms the heart of Part 2.
- Source (4.4 MB in editable Microsoft Word .doc format)
Back to the Strategic Planning Committee home page
* .pdf files require the free Adobe Reader software to view.