Information on the government of the City of Gustavus
The City of Gustavus is governed by a City Council of seven democratically elected community members.
- City Council Work Sessions - 7:00PM 1st & 3rd Monday's of the month. There will be no 3rd Monday Work Sessions from May 1, 2014 to September 1, 2014.
- City Council General Meetings- 7:00PM 2nd Monday of the month.
- Work Sessions & General Meetings are held at City Hall
Agendas/Notices, City Council Meeting Minutes, City Council Meeting Packets, Clerk's Reports can be found here.
* There are two Council seat vacancies. Please stop by City Hall for more information.
City Hall is located just west of the Salmon River Bridge on the north end of the Salmon River Park.
Hours of operation:
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 9am - 4pm.
If you need an appointment outside of these hours, please call City Hall at 697-2451.
Annual Report on City Affairs by Mayor Marchbanks
Safe Routes to Schools - here is a link if you are interested in the survey results from last spring and what's ahead for this fall http://www.sheinbergassociates.com/gustavus-safe-routes-school
The City Council voted to submit three (3) Capital Improvement Projects to the State of Alaska.
You may read the resolutions regarding these projects under "Resolutions 2014"
1. GCN Broadband project
2. GVFD 911 radio project
3. Good River Culvert Replacement project
The City clerk will email community members a copy of the CIP request. To request a copy, email Noël @
More Gustavus news...
Upcoming City Council Meetings
First Monday of the Month, Work Session 7:00PM @ City Hall
Second Monday of the Month, General Meeting 7:00PM @ City Hall
Third Monday of the Month, Work Session 7:00PM @ City Hall (There will NOT be 3rd Monday Work Sessions from May 1, 2014 to September 1, 2014)
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Beach Committee -
Gustavus Community Network (GCN) Committee -
Library Committee - Library Conference Room -
Marine Facilities Committee -
Roads Committee -
For up-to-date meeting information for Committees and the City Council please contact the City Clerk (907) 697-2451 or e-mail email@example.com.
Seat C - Three Year Term
Seat D - Three Year Term
The filing period begins approximately August 22, 2014. The date will be clarified as elections become closer. Declaration of Candidacy Applications may be picked up and filed with the City Clerk at City Hall.
The next regular election for City Council seats is October 7, 2014
- Municipal Code
- City Council Meeting Minutes
- Business Registration & Tax Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Policy and Procedure
- Gustavus Community Association
- Gustavus Community Network
- Gustavus Community Information
City Hall for city administration and general questions
Visit us at the Salmon River Park!
City of Gustavus 1802 Gustavus Rd P.O. Box 1 Gustavus, AK 99826 Phone 907-697-2451 Fax 907-697-2136
- City Clerk - Noel Farevaag
- Deputy City Clerk - Lori Ewing
- City Mayor - Sandi Marchbanks
Council (direct e-mail link)
- City Webmaster