Information on the government of the City of Gustavus
The City of Gustavus is governed by a City Council of seven democratically elected community members.
- City Council Work Sessions - 7:00PM 1st & 3rd Monday's of the month. There will be no 3rd Monday Work Sessions from May, 2014 through October, 2014.
- City Council General Meetings- 7:00PM 2nd Monday of the month.
- Work Sessions & General Meetings are held at City Hall
THE NEXT GENERAL MEETING WILL BE ON OCTOBER 13TH, AT 7PM
Agendas/Notices, City Council Meeting Minutes, City Council Meeting Packets, Clerk's Reports can be found here.
* There are two Council seat vacancies. Please stop by City Hall for more information.
City Hall is located just west of the Salmon River Bridge on the north end of the Salmon River Park.
Hours of operation:
City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 9am - 4pm.
If you need an appointment outside of these hours, please call City Hall at 697-2451.
(**PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE OF TONIGHT'S SPECIAL MEETING**)
CITY OF GUSTAVUS CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING - SEPTEMBER 26, 2014 AT 5:30 PM AT CITY HALL - to discuss and vote on providing funding to ICF to write a grant for broadband service funding through a rural broadband experiments program and to discuss bids from survey companies on Salmon River Park land conveyance.
CITY OF GUSTAVUS MUNICIPAL ELECTION WILL BE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH.
The State of Alaska has approved grant funding for two projects in fiscal year 2015.
1. GVFD 911 radio project
2. Good River Culvert Replacement project
More Gustavus news...
Upcoming City Council Meetings
First Monday of the Month, Work Session 7:00PM @ City Hall
Second Monday of the Month, General Meeting 7:00PM @ City Hall
Third Monday of the Month, Work Session 7:00PM @ City Hall (There will NOT be 3rd Monday Work Sessions from May, 2014 through October, 2014)
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Beach Committee -
Gustavus Community Network (GCN) Committee - Saturday, September 20 at 9am at Gustavus Library
Gustavus Visitors Association - Tuesday, September 9th at 1pm at Gustavus Library
Library Committee - Library Conference Room -
Marine Facilities Committee -
Roads Maintenance Committee - Friday, September 12th at 8:30am at City Hall
For up-to-date meeting information for Committees and the City Council please contact the City Clerk (907) 697-2451 or e-mail email@example.com.
Seat C - Three Year Term
Seat D - Three Year Term
The filing period begins August 25, 2014 and ends September 18, 2014. Declaration of Candidacy Applications may be picked up and filed with the City Clerk at City Hall.
The next regular election for City Council seats is October 7, 2014
- Municipal Code
- City Council Meeting Minutes
- Business Registration & Tax Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Policy and Procedure
- Gustavus Community Association
- Gustavus Community Network
- Gustavus Community Information
City Hall for city administration and general questions
Visit us at the Salmon River Park!
City of Gustavus 1802 Gustavus Rd P.O. Box 1 Gustavus, AK 99826 Phone 907-697-2451 Fax 907-697-2136
- City Mayor - Sandi Marchbanks
- City Clerk - Lori Ewing
- City Treasurer - Noel Farevaag
Council (direct e-mail link)
- City Webmaster